1752339 Members
5584 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP and iLO

Vernon Fuller
Occasional Contributor

SNMP and iLO

I am having trouble getting my iLO to respond to SNMP(with my proliant turned off). What MIB and community should I be using? Do iLO's only support traps or can I get my voltage and temp directly from the iLO via SNMP?

I have an iLO HW rev 2, with FW 1.62 on it. Using CPQRACK.MIB and COMPAQ community string. Thanks a ton.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

iLO doesn't have an SNMP stack of its own. It is limited to sending traps that it originates, forwarding traps originating with the agents in the host OS and providing passthrough of SNMP communications to the agent in the host OS.

With the system operational, the Insight agent (System Management Homepage) will manage the thermal and environmental readings and will alert when necessary. It is unnecessary and meaningless to gather data on individual voltages and temperatures.
Vernon Fuller
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to get Temp and Voltage data from an iLO without Insight agents? Does the iLO have remote sensor capability, via IPMI 1.5 or higher, or a propritary interface?

I am retro fitting a large cluster of proliant's with basic management features. I'm not supposed to put Insight agents on the OS, if at all possible.
Chad Schultz

Although it is not meaningless to be able to SNMP GET a device on the network and have it give it's information, instead of just passing the query to the OS.
It would be nice if the iLo had a real SNMP stack. At least so we could tell the difference between 2 different network devices, i.e. a computer and a remote management device.