108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Set SNMP Settings on RILOEII and ILO Via XML

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chuck Reimer
Advisor

Set SNMP Settings on RILOEII and ILO Via XML

I am trying to set some SNMP settings via XML scripts and don't see an option to configure the following settings:
SNMP Pass-Through -> Disabled
Level Of Data Returned -> High

I see all the other settings in the sample scripts provided by HP but need to include these also. How can I determine the value of these entries in order to add to the script? Any help is greatly appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can download example scripts from the iLO web site:
www.hp.com/servers/lights-out
Click on iLO Standard or iLO Advanced
Click on "Software and Drivers"
Select Windows
Download "HP Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample for Windows"

The following example is taken from the sample script, "Mod_SNMP_IM_Settings.xml":

For the settings you indicate, substitute these tags inside the tags:

Note that you do not have to supply all tags - only the ones you want to change.

Tip: One of the ways that I test this stuff out is to use the get_* scripts and see what they return when I change things in the browser. Sometimes the tokens in the tags have strange names for historic reasons, but after you know which ones to work with, you are good to go.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Chuck Reimer
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. I'm still having problems with the RILOEII cards at Firmware version 1.41. I get the error "Syntax error: Line #3: syntax error near "<" in the line: "< MOD_SNMP_IM_SETTINGS />" when trying to update or even get the settings on these cards. I suspect the TAG information is wrong but need to find out how to get the correct syntax. TIA
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Try this one for RILOE II. This modifies the RILOE II Global Settings.