Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748344 Members
5058 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The Integrated Remote Console is unavailable, it is already in use by a different client.

D.Nguyen
Advisor

The Integrated Remote Console is unavailable, it is already in use by a different client.

Hi all,

I was in the Integrated Remote Console session of the server and it disconnected me. When I tried to go back to the Integrated Remote Console I got the message: "The Integrated Remote Console is unavailable, it is already in use by a different client."

I wasn't able to find where I can disconnect the session.

I would really appreciate for help from the expert out there.

D.Nguyen

6 REPLIES 6
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Re: The Integrated Remote Console is unavailable, it is already in use by a different client.

Once you log back into ILO, from th emain summary page, click on the Diagnostics link in the left side of the screen. From there, you can reset ILO, which is the only way I have seen to clear this issue.

Good luck,
Neal
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

On the newer iLO2 firmware, there is the "Aquire" feature. Once it is enabled, you may "take over" the IRC/RC even if it is in use.
acartes
Honored Contributor

First, make sure you are using a recent vintage of iLO 2 firmware:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/index.html

There you will see settings that allow you to enable:
- Remote console acquire
Acquire allows you to terminate the current remote console session to attach a new one. The current user is notified.
- Remote Console Share
Share allows multiple users to access the IRC simultaneously.

For your symptom, acquire will do the job.

Note that the Diagnostics / Reset iLO will also free the remote console by resetting the iLO processor.
D.Nguyen
Advisor

I really appreciated for all the help. I was able to resolve the issue by re-applied iLO firmware.

Again, thanks a lot for all of your help.

D.Nguyen
D.Nguyen
Advisor

Problem has been resolved by re-applied iLO firmware
Brian Grigory

Worked great! Thank you!