108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating Network settings on ILO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rich Krejsa_1
Occasional Contributor

Updating Network settings on ILO

We have a ProLiant ML370 G3 set up and running on one subnet. We have moved it to another subnet but the Tech did not re-address the ILO. When I us CPQLOCFG.exe to try and change the IP of the ILO, I get "SIO_connect failure.
2696:error:0200274D:system library:connect:reason(1869):.\crypto\sio\s_sock.c:606:host=10.120.16.1:443
2696:error:10065068::lib(16) :SIO_CONNECT:connect error:.\crypto\sio\s_sock.c:608:
cpqlocfg.exe: ERROR: SIO_connect:reason(10061)."
I am using the address of the server on the command line, as per the documentation. Can someone shed some light on this? How can I reset the IP on the ILO?
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Updating Network settings on ILO

DHCP:
If you have iLO configured to use a DHCP address, then it will automatically request a new address. However, if you are not using a recent vintage of firmware, this process might take awhile. The minimum time would be the DHCP lease duration setby the DHCP server.

If you want to hurry the process along, there are some alternatives.
1- try the online ROM flash component. This will update the iLO firmware and also reset iLO, which restarts the DHCP client.
2- unplug the server (unpowered) causes iLO to reset when it is plugged back in.

STATIC IP:
If you are using static network settings, then iLO will not change the network settings by moving it to a new subnet. You will have to reconfigure iLO. Again, there are some options:
1- put iLO on the other subnet and reconfigure it there before moving it onto the new subnet.
2- Use the HP online configuration utility to run RIBCL/XML scripts from within the host OS.

Punt:
If you power cycle the box, you can use iLO RBSU to reconfigure the network parameters. This will require local access.
Rich Krejsa_1
Occasional Contributor

thaks for your help. The HP Online config worked great! Got my ILO back.
Rich Krejsa_1
Occasional Contributor

HP Online config Utility worked