Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751803 Members
5356 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Updating firmware on c3000 blades and the OA. Two blades won't allow iLO-Web Administration access

Steve63389
Visitor

Updating firmware on c3000 blades and the OA. Two blades won't allow iLO-Web Administration access

I have updated the O.A. to version 4.50, which is what HPSUM says to put on it, and updated the firmware on 6 of the 8 blades to version 2.29, which is what HPSUM says to put on them.  Two of the blades won't allow me to access the iLO Web Administration page.  I get a popup error that says "Autologin failed:  Cannot delete user information for currently logged in user".  I've tried multiple browsers, and clearing cache in the browsers, etc.  I don't understand why these two blades aren't behaving the same as the other 6.  Anyone have a fix for me???

2 REPLIES 2
Steve63389
Visitor

Re: Updating firmware on c3000 blades and the OA. Two blades won't allow iLO-Web Administration acc

I found out the problem.  Apparently for some reason the Administrator password on these two blades was not what it should have been.  Logging into the blade iLO directely by IP address with the correct password let me into the Web Administration section to update the firmware with no problems.  

Steve63389
Visitor

Re: Updating firmware on c3000 blades and the OA. Two blades won't allow iLO-Web Administration acc

So here's a question for all of you smart guys...after I logged into the iLO directly with the correct password, and updated the firmware, it "reset" the iLO and then I was able to log into the iLO through the Web Administration link in OA.  If this "reset" of iLO is what it apparently took before I could access it with the OA's Web Administration link...is there a way to "reset" iLO without rebooting the blade?  I should add that although my iLO apparently restarted after applying the firmware (2.29) to it, the HPSUM report said there was no "reboot" required for the firmware update.  I'm confused and hoping someone can make sense out of this for me.

Thanks!