Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748237 Members
3605 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Using Virtual Media in iLO

shaunie

Using Virtual Media in iLO

I cant seems to locate any virtual media under my Virtual Devices tab. When i click on the tab, i see a link for the "Virtual Media Applet" and if i click on that link, a new window opens to prompt for the login/pw to the remote console. Did i forget to turn on something here? I read thru the user guide and it just states that i should be able to see "Local Floppy Drive" or "Local Image File" but i just dont see any of that. My client PC and host server are all on the same network (doing some testing) so i don't have a firewall presence. Please help! Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

which server is that?
well which ilo, ilo100, ilo or ilo2?

is Remote console working fine?
Have you test another client PC?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Not sure, but it seems that you have ilo v.2.

When you turn the integrated remote console on, and when you point to the top of the screen, can you see the applet?

And always a good idea is to update the ilo firmware - especially when we are talking about ilo 2, a lot of issues are being fixed with firmware.

Regards,
acartes
Honored Contributor

Opening the Virtual Media Applet opens another browser window housing the Java-based virtual media client. The client establishes an independent connection to iLO using the virtual media port (network settings). Make sure you have an appropriate JVM loaded on your client:

Recommended: Java(TM) Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2_13
http://www.hp.com/servers/manage/jvm
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

maybe too late but I just got a similar issue
it was like we could open remote console but when I tried to open virtual similar nothing in there

we tried the connection again without using firewall and that was the issue.. so firewall was blocking the port for the virtual media

in our case this port was blocked

17988 Virtual Media

in ilo 2 for example you can see the ports assigned to all services in:

Administration -> Settings -> access

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!