1752717 Members
5897 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Video connection returns to a black screen

JMic
Occasional Contributor

Video connection returns to a black screen

In using my ILO connection to the blade infrastructure, the video consistently changes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the display. This happens while in the middle of using the connection or if it sits idle. The usual time period for this to happen is between 1 and 2 minutes, although it appears to fluctuate to longer and shorter from time to time.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
JM
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Video connection returns to a black screen

iLO or iLO 2? c-Class or p-Class?
To the OA or to iLO? To the OS? What OS? Text mode or graphics? Is the Operating system still running? Does the connection come back, or do you have to disconnect and reconnect?
JMic
Occasional Contributor

LO or iLO 2? c-Class or p-Class?
To the OA or to iLO? To the OS? What OS? Text mode or graphics? Is the Operating system still running? Does the connection come back, or do you have to disconnect and reconnect?

- p-class
- yes to the OS
- Graphics Mode.
- Operating system is still running but even hitting the Crtl-Alt-Delete button at the top of the web window has no effect on the operating system.
- connection does not come back. It requires closing the window, going back to the login page and selecting Remote Console again. It does not require entering any credentials for a second time though.

Thanks
Jeff
JMic
Occasional Contributor

Oops. Missed one answer. It is iLo not iLo2 with firmware 1.82. This I am thinking to update to see if it alleviates the problem although I do not see this listed as a fix in any subsequent versions.
acartes
Honored Contributor