Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Media Drive Drops

ProgramIt
Occasional Contributor

Virtual Media Drive Drops

I'm installing windows server 2008 on a dl380 g3. However my installation media is a dvd and my server only has a cd drive. I want to use the virtual media drive through the iLO interface to install windows, however about 3/4 of the way through the loading files screen the drive is disconnected and the installation fails. I read that there were problems with java 1.5.x and 1.6.x and that you should downgrade to 1.4.2_13 which I did. But this still did not solve my problem. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Virtual Media Drive Drops

Hi John!

Could it be that your ilo sessions that times out?
ProgramIt
Occasional Contributor

Re: Virtual Media Drive Drops

I'm pretty sure this is not the case. It usually happens within 5 minutes of mounting the drive. It is interesting to note that before I was able to virtually mount the smart start CD and use it. However now, when I try to virtualize it, it drops the drive before it can even finishes loading the main screen. I have ended up installing server 08 by a different means but would still like to know if there is an explanation to this problem.

Thanks,
John