5720 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Whats the default with iLo ?

Christoph Weber-Fahr
Occasional Contributor

Whats the default with iLo ?

Hi,

I've got three new servers here, and just hooked their iLos up to the net. Usually I get them preconfigured, but those are basically out of the box. (yes, they have power and a link at the switch)

Now I expected them to show up on my DHCP logs, so I can access and configure them - but there's nothing.

What's the default setting for iLos?

Also, 2 of them are 320G5p's with a dedicated iLo port - is that a problem?

Any idea how to proceed? There's no screen or keyboard around where they hang now....
2 REPLIES 2
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Whats the default with iLo ?

The iLOs should be on DHCP by default. You may try the hpqlomig.exe utility (Lights-out Migration Utility) and search your subnet for iLOs. The problem, you need to have the iLO user name and password.

Download the "HP Directories Support for Management Processors"

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121474&prodNameId=3279719&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23896

You may need to hook up a monitor and keybd and get in the iLO RBSU.
Christoph Weber-Fahr
Occasional Contributor

Re: Whats the default with iLo ?

Thanks.

Actaully, it turned out I I had 2 completely unrelated problems.

You are right - they all default to DHCP. OPn tzhe DL380, a damaged cable, however, prevented connectivity.

On the DL320G5p though, the default iLo configuration was to used the NIC 2 as shared interface. They both had to be reconfigured through setup to use the dedicated iLo port (which is optional in these models)