1753483 Members
4117 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cpqlocfg scripting errors

Carl Woldberg
Occasional Contributor

cpqlocfg scripting errors

We need to upgrade the frimware on 300 RILOE/RILOE II/iLO cards and have decided to use the cpqlocfg (version 2.2) program to do so. We get error cpqlocfg: ERROR: SIO_connect:reason(10061) when trying to update the firmware. The script and error files are attached. Any idea what we are doing wrong?

Command line:
C:\ribscript>cpqlocfg -s 137.65.31.50 -f c:\ribscript\update_firmware.xml -v

Script:

Error file contents:
IP Address is: 137.65.31.50
SIO_connect failure.
1476:error:0200274D:system library:connect:reason(1869):.\crypto\sio\s_sock.c:606:host=137.65.31.50:443
1476:error:10065068::lib(16) :SIO_CONNECT:connect error:.\crypto\sio\s_sock.c:608:
cpqlocfg: ERROR: SIO_connect:reason(10061).
6 REPLIES 6
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

This is sort of a generic connect error you are getting back. You would actually see it if you ran the same command line against a non-host IP address. A couple of things to try,
1- make sure the address is valid, and can be pinged.
2- the address should be the management product address and not the server.
3- have the default ports for the address on the management products been changed? CPQLOCFG is going to look for port 443.
Carl Woldberg
Occasional Contributor

After more experimentation it appears that the errors we are getting have to do with the firmware version on the card we are trying to upgrade. If it's below 2.4 (it's a RILOE I) then apparently there is no support for remote firmware upgrade. To test we manually upgraded the the RILOE to firmware 2.4 and then we were able to use cpqlocfg to upgrade it to 2.51. That makes the cpqlocfg utility nearly useless in our environment as the majority of the 300 RILOE cards are below firmware version 2.4. Any suggestions for other ways to remotely upgrade these boards? We don't really want to take the time to upgrade 300 cards manually.
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. I have found that updating the Firmware the fastest and easiest without using the script is to get the HPLOMIG utility and after you get product installed download the Firware for the RILO's that you need into the utility which is GUI based, and then you can "Find" your RILO's and then click the "Update Firmware". I updated about 20 at at time and it only took about 11-15 minutes to push them out, update them, and get a visual that they were actually updated....

Here is the link. Read the instruction carefully on the installation and use trust me.. but it does definitely work! Download is the (SP24897.exe) plus has the location in the link for the firmware that you will need

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/riloe2/downloads.html
Veenendaal
Frequent Advisor

IS it possible to use the migration utility without Aactve Dir?

Remco
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

I cannot locate HPLOMIG nor cp24897.
Is it not on the HP site anymore?
Can anyone attach it to a reply?
acartes
Honored Contributor

The HPLOMIG utility can be used to discover (step 1) and update (step 2) firmware in Lights-Out Management (LOM) processors: iLO, RILOE2 and RILOE (with a catch). You can choose to skip the other directory steps. You can get the utility here:

http://www.hp.com/servers/lights-out
Then click on one of the LOM products.
Then software and drivers
Pick your OS and click locate
Download "HP Directories support for Management Processors".

HPLOMIG (and HPLOMIGC) are Windows utilities written using the .NET framework. This means the client OS must be W2K+.NET or XP.

I advise also downloading and extracting the desired firmware versions for your LOM devices.

The utility supports importing LOM processors and user credentials.

The catch: HPLOMIG uses the scripting interface in the background to perform firmware updates. If you have a RILOE with firmware that does not support scripted firmware updates, you will have to update these manually.