1752630 Members
5850 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO 2 firmware update has not started

Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

iLO 2 firmware update has not started

We have a number of Bl20p G4's that are showing the following in the Administration Tab - ILO 2 Firmware.

iLO 2 firmware update has not started.

Does this mean that if the server is ever reseated that the server will fail to power on again.(Read that is may happen due to corrupt ilo firmware)
If it fails to power on again does this mean a new system board or is their a way of fixing it before it fails.

I have found the following about having the blades ilo2 firmware to be maximum version 1.82.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?=lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=1121598&prodTypeId=3709945&objectID=c02843213&printver=true

I have successfully put the firmware back to V1.82 but the upgrade screen it still saying

iLO 2 firmware update has not started.

thanks

steven

2 REPLIES 2
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Don't worry about that message. It is normal. 

Is there a way to stop the message "iLO 2 firmware update has not started." from appearing.

In the BL p class tab of the ilo and I click on rack view I also get the message "Server is not in a managed enclosure. "

In their a way of stopping this message from appearing and getting the rack view back up.

All ilo's are now back to 1.82 or earlier. they were higher.