1752801 Members
5357 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 3: Change Remote Console Port using cpqlocfg not working

Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

iLO 3: Change Remote Console Port using cpqlocfg not working

I'm unable to change "Remote Console Port" on an iLO 3 by using the cpqlocfg.exe utility.
It works on iLO and iLO 2 and I'm using the command as outlined in the newest .xml example files (which include iLO 3).
I can also change the port manually in the web interface.

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

latest driver and utility used?

Jan
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jan,

I think so. Firmware v 1.05 and utility v 3.00.

BR Jimmy
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
that your problem.
ILO3 is sopported with HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility v3.1 from May2010...
Check: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4154847&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4154735&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Jan
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

ahh, better link for all OS is: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4154847тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=4154735&prodTypeId=18964

Jan
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

I think you misunderstand the utility in question. The utility that is used to configure iLO with the help of xml files is NOT HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility. It's HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility further down in the list of iLO 3 software. The first one is a GUI app run from the server itself while the one I mean is used to remote configure the iLO using command line.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

ahh... ok.
Probably there is kind of early stage problem... Do you have more ilo3's with the same behavior? Probably rise a hw support ticket to fix issue.

Jan
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I have the exact same issue with all the iLO 3 I have tested on. I'll guess I have to raise a support ticket. Thank you for the effort, Jan.