3618 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 3 version 1.20 released

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO 3 version 1.20 released

Enhancements/New Features:
Kerberos Directory Authentication support.

2-Factor Authentication support via Kerberos.

Enterprise One Voice UI тАУ One look and feel for your HP web page user interfaces (Please clear the browser cache after upgrading to 1.20).

Language Pack support - Japanese as the first Language Pack.

Problems Fixed:
Disabled SSL/TLS renegotiation to protect iLO 3 against SSL/TLS plaintext injection attacks (CVE-2009-3555).

Fixed an issue where McAfee Vulnerability Manager (formerly FoundStone) could make iLO 3 webserver and SSH stop responding.

Fixed an issue where users with "Virtual Power and Reset" only privilege could not power on/off the server from the Command Line Interface.

Fixed an issue where Directory Group Names and Privileges could not be removed using XML script.

Fixed an issue where browsing the iLO 3 SNTP setting page would return an error.

Fixed an issue where lower case "v" characters are missing from iLO 3 hostname after entering a new one from the Administration->Network page.

Fixed an issue where a false power supply failed message could be returned when executing Get_EmHealth.xml script.

Fixed an issue where Linux serial console via iLO 3 Virtual Serial Port could stop responding when iLO 3 is rebooted.

Fixed an issue where iLO 3 login page could stop responding if login is attempted with a LDAP user member of several groups.

Fixed an issue where the serial Command Line Interface (CLI) speed could not be changed using HPONCFG or XML script

Known Issues:

Going from iLO 3 version 1.20 to an older firmware version (firmware downgrade): Changes were made to the firmware to allow language packs to be stored in flash ROM and a new Flash Engine for Windows x86 and x64 OSes have been included with this release. Downgrading firmware version from 1.20 to any older version that comes with the old Windows Flash Engine, like 1.16 could result in an error code being returned by the old flash engine. Regardless of the error code, the flash process continues in the background and the firmware is successfully flashed. Please allow few minutes for iLO 3 to complete the firmware flashing.

Download:

Windows Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p901462262/v64721/

Windows Online Flash Component x64
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1728391553/v64720/

Linux Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1255562964/v64722/

Occasional Advisor

Thanks for providing new version.

We tested it, but issue discussed here http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1472242
didn't disappear.

Are there plans to solve it in future version?
Harald van Buel
Regular Visitor

Sorry, but I dont think this is fixed :

"Fixed an issue where iLO 3 login page could stop responding if login is attempted with a LDAP user member of several groups.
"
Using the ldap test button my credentials are oke, when trying to login, the username and password box go grey after I click login, and the page stay's there forever :(
Akira Ouchi

Sergio_Process

Thanks you very much, you solved my problem. In the future i will do this in other iLos updates.

Bye