108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Advanced License - Activation Key

SOLVED
Go to solution
JoaoM
Occasional Advisor

iLO Advanced License - Activation Key

I have noticed that one activation key can be used on all my ilo boards... I have some activated ilo boards with the same key, now i'm wondering if this would have any effect on the features of all of these cards?

best regards,
12 REPLIES 12

I don't believe it has any affect on the features, just don't get caught! Mother HP would not approve.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi Joao,

SIM 5.2 and new plug-ins (like IPM) will not work with this environment. just beware!! ;-)
JoaoM
Occasional Advisor

someone left me this infrastructure... I have only 3 servers with same lic...
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

This shows poor licensing of product or may be HP has big trust on customers.
JoaoM
Occasional Advisor

how can I remove the activation from those 2 servers ???
Change_happens
Honored Contributor
JoaoM
Occasional Advisor

this link doesn't work...

What is the command to do it ?

thks
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

The LICENSE command activates or deactivates the iLO's advanced features. For this command to parse
correctly, the command must appear within a RIB_INFO command block, and RIB_INFO MODE must be
set to write. The user must have the configure iLO 2 privilege to execute this command.
On a ProLiant BL Class server, there is no need for a licensing key. Advanced features are automatically
activated.
Example:

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Deepak
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

Yes you can remove/deactivate license without reverting back to factory setting by either doing one of the following:
1:by logging into iLO2 using command line (telnet/secure shell) and execute command "delete /map1 license"
2:Use RIBCL command for licensing and send this to iLO using CPQLOCFG/HPONCFG utilities
Example:
The LICENSE command activates or deactivates the iLO's advanced features. For this command to parse
correctly, the command must appear within a RIB_INFO command block, and RIB_INFO MODE must be
set to write. The user must have the configure iLO 2 privilege to execute this command.
On a ProLiant BL Class server, there is no need for a licensing key. Advanced features are automatically
activated.

Example:

LICENSE parameters

ACTIVATE followed by a valid KEY value signals the activation of the iLO 2 advanced pack licensing.
KEY specifies the license key value. The key should be entered as one continuous string. Commas,
periods, or other characters should not separate the key value. The key will only accept 25 characters;
other characters entered to separate key values will be interpreted as a part of the key and result in the
wrong key being entered.
Using RIBCL 105

DEACTIVATE signals the deactivation of the iLO 2 advanced pack licensing.

LICENSE runtime errors
The possible LICENSE error messages include:
├в ┬в License key error.
├в ┬в License is already active.
├в ┬в User does not have correct privilege for
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.