Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

Occasional Contributor

iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

Hi,

I have approx 100 HP Proliant servers that I will be building (DL360 G5 with W2K3) and am looking for a convenient way of distributing the unique Integrated Lights-Out Advanced Pack licence keys to each of the servers, ie: without having to manually go through the web interface each time.

I see that you can add a licence key using CPQLOCFG.EXE and passing it an XML file which contains the key/licence id but this unfortunately doesn't really help things as I'd need to change the license key each time I run this util on a new server.

Any ideas much appreciated. :) Also if anyone knows of any good scripts that will prompt to enter a iLO's ID/Name, IP, etc and license key and will then apply these details to the iLO I'd be very grateful if you'd let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
2 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

Sorry another question: Does the HP licencing of the Integrated Lights-Out Advanced Pack allow you to enter just a single licence key for multiple servers - whilst owning and being able to present the other keys in the event of a licencing audit?

Thanks again,

Simon
Trusted Contributor

Re: iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

There is an option for Master License Agreement (MLA) license keys. Here you get a single key for large number of servers/seats. While purchasing the license you can opt for MLA key which can be used for all / most of the servers.

I would suggest you to have the license keys in a file and read them one by one while running the script using CPQLOCFG. You can specify user name and password from command line (-u and -p options) which will override the credentials present in the script. Hence you need to replace only the license key while running the scripts.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event