Re: iLO Configuration is temporary unvailable

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

iLO Configuration is temporary unvailable

Hi,
Sorry for my bad english.
Our ML370 G3 server unexpectedly reboots and after that in Device Manager is shown Base System Device with exclamation sign. I think it is integrated iLO card driver problem. Then I installed Support Pack 7.30, but problem still remain. I tried manualy install driver for iLO card, but error message displayed that iLO card not present on the system. Then I try to reboot server, but iLO configuration screen didn't display. Then I upgraded latest iLO Firmware from floppy disk (RomPaq) and when server reboots it displayed a message that Integrated Lights-Out Configuration is temporary unvailable. I rebooted server once more, but it didn't help, I can't install drivers too. Maybe somebody knows, where is a problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

If server reboots unexpectedly it's may be hardware problem (very probably). Try boot from SmartStart CD and launch Sever Diagnistics Utility to test hardware.
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

Hardware Diagnostic from SmartStart CD didn't find any errors. I think I have to change motherboard.
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I try it. Diagnostic from SmartStart CD didn't find any errors. I think I have to change motherboard.
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Before replacing the system board, try recovering the iLO in that system-

Full details are in the iLO documentation.
1- power-off and unplug
2- set the iLO security override switch (location in hood sticker documentation)
3- power up and run iLO firmware update.
(There is a bootable firmware update CD image you can download from the iLO software and drivers page)
4- reboot, enter iLO RBSU and set defaults and exit.
5- unplug, restore iLO security override switch

These steps should assure that your iLO firmware is up-to-date and running correctly - this would rule out an iLO problem.
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

After these steps ILO starts working, but there are other problems with motherboard, so we changed it and now everything is fine. Thank You for answers.
Mindaugas_1
Frequent Advisor

Part of solution