New Discussion юеВ

iLO Management Network

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

iLO Management Network

Hi,

I have 5 DL380 G5's connected to our corporate network via their primary NIC's, whilst their iLO's are connected to a completely separate management network.
I can discover the iLO's, and SIM lists then as being xxxxx in xxxxx server, SIM also lists the server (but without IP address, OS etc.)
I have enabled the SNMP passthrough facility and and also set the SNMP traps to be sent to the SIM server on the management network.
If I pull the power plug on one of the servers then it's iLO status changes in SIM, but not the status of the actual server itself (it's hardware status is constantly blue).
Am I missing something? Should the server's status be reflected only via the iLO in SIM or should I see it's status changed in SIM also?
Also, being as the corporate network and management network are completely separate, is the only way to see a server's Systems Management Homepage by using the remote console feature of the iLO?

Any help much appreciated. TIA.

Stuart
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO Management Network

Hi,

I think You are missing Proliant Support Pack from your servers. There is a health agents for your server that reflect the status to SIM and also associate the ILO with server HW (and IPs etc ...).

If Your server OS is Windows, remember to install SNMP too,
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

SNMP is installed and configured on all servers. PSP 8.0 is also installed on all servers.

TIA

Stuart
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Well ... in that case, run the "configure or repair agents" job from sim.

But if that does not do the trick, delete all items from that machine from SIM and rediscover it.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi