Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751975 Members
4487 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO authentication using default Directory Schema

Shu-Chuan Lin

iLO authentication using default Directory Schema

the iLO firmware version is 1.80. i have configured the iLO directory services according to the instructuction. However, the test failed at 'User Authentication' with message 'Unable to authenticate test user xxxx[User Object not found] Ceasing tests.

i am sure that the test user that i had entered is a valid domain user. what is this 'User Object not foun' really means?

please help.

thanks.
Shu-Chuan Lin
12 REPLIES 12
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
Check if you have given the correct user context in of the user context fields in the directory settings page for the user you are trying to test the directory settings. If you don't give the correct user context, you will get the same error. the format will look like CN=Users,DC=yourdomain,DC=com
Shu-Chuan Lin

are you saying the test user has to be define in the 'Directory User Context'? anyway, so i added the test user to the user context. the test failed at the same 'User Authentication' with message 'Unable to authenticate test user '.
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

What i mean is, You need to add the "Context" of the user in the directory settings page. You don't need to include user name in the context. Only the context for the parent folder of the user would be enough.
For eg: Say the user "abc" is in the Path "Users" in the Active directory in domain say "yourdomian.com". You need to give the context as CN=Users,DC=yourdomain,DC=com and NOT CN=abc,CN=Users,DC=yourdomain,DC=com
Shu-Chuan Lin

that was exactly what i entered in the 'context'. the test still failed at 'User Authentication' with message 'Unable to authenticate test user xxxx. Without (User Object not found) after the User Context was added.

this is the first time we are trying th iLO authentication using default schema. Thank you very much for being patience with me.
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
The error may be because you haven't added the user to any of the groups (either default or customizable) in iLO. Try the following steps

In the Active directory create a group say "testgrp" in "Users". Make the user "abc" a Member of "testgrp".

This can be done by select "testgrp" -> right-click -> select properties. In "members" add the user "abc".

In directory settings page -> "Administer groups". Select one group say "Administrator". In the field "Security Group Distinguished Name" enter CN=testgrp,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=com.

(Make sure there is no extra space in the string) Set appropriate rights (login right is default) for the group "testgrp". These rights will be available for all the members of the group "testgrp". Save the information.

Hi

I have nearly the same error. I cannot bind to directory server. "Unable to authenticate test user" is the message, credentials invaled. But they are valid :-)

In the Active directory create a group say "testgrp" in "Users". Make the user "abc" a Member of "testgrp".
==> done

In directory settings page -> "Administer groups". Select one group say "Administrator". In the field "Security Group Distinguished Name" enter CN=testgrp,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=com.
==> done

(Make sure there is no extra space in the string) Set appropriate rights (login right is default) for the group "testgrp". These rights will be available for all the members of the group "testgrp". Save the information.
==> done

But I don't know if I have the right config on the Directory settings screen. Perhaps you can help me? I have my actual settings enclosed.

Thank you very much in advance!
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Hi, In the image you have sent, the Directory user context field is missing. The fields "LOM object Distinguished name" and "LOM object Password" and "LOM object password confirm" are not relevent to Default schema settings.

You need to enter the Directory user context in one of the 3 User context fields. Say if you have user "abc" in directory "Users" in Active directory, you need to enter in the Directory user context field, CN=abc,CN=Users,DC=yourdomain,DC=com. This should solve the problem as you have done other settings.

Hi!

I've deleted the LOM lines and inserted the context, but still I get the error credentials are invalid.

I took a user who isn't in a iLO-Group and got the error No login rights, so I know, that this works.

But why it tells me the credentials are invalid??
Shu-Chuan Lin

Exactly. I think I will call the HP response center for help. Thank you all for your help.