5385 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO first time install

SOLVED
Go to solution
mark_gsk

iLO first time install

Hi Guys, this is the first time i am attempting to configure an ilo card. i have a new proliant DL585 G2 and hav bought the ilo 2 advanced pack. can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install and configure it. I cant find anything on the web or on here.
I have booted up and pressed F8 to configure but am not sure what i need to do next. any help would be appriciated. thanks
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

check this
also found at
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00553302/c00553302.pdf

page 19

Configuring the IP address

This step is necessary only if you are using a static IP address. When using dynamic IP addressing, your DHCP server will automatically assign an IP address for iLO 2. HP recommends using DNS or DHCP with iLO 2 to simplify installation
To configure a static IP address, use the iLO 2 RBSU with the following procedure to disable DNS and DHCP and configure the IP address and the subnet mask:

1. Restart or power up the server.
2. Press the F8 key when prompted during POST. The iLO 2 RBSU runs.
3. Select Network>DNS/DHCP, press the Enter key, and then select DHCP Enable. Press the spacebar to turn off DHCP. Be sure that DHCP Enable is set to Off, and save the changes.
4. Select Network>NIC>TCP/IP, press the Enter key, and enter the appropriate information in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP Address fields.
5. Save the changes.
6. Exit iLO 2 RBSU. The changes take effect when you exit iLO 2 RBSU.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
mark_gsk

Thanks for the info, now ive configured it, how do i get to log into it? id like to use my browser to do this? thanks again.
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor

Yes you can login through browser. The url will be "https://" . You will get a login screen with this. Login using the user name configured in iLO2 configuration step.
For different options available refer "using iLO2" section of the user guide.
mark_gsk

Thanks for that, i did think that and tried putting the ip address in the browser. I think it might be a problem with the switch im plugged into. Its not setup for a VLAN so i will do this and try again. thanks for your help though.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

yeah mark,
so better practice is to put all your iLO in Vlan and server in different network.
mark_gsk

Hi Guys, Yeah as thought i didnt have the switch port number setup for the VLAN i wanted to give the iLO card ip address, ive sorted this and now its all working. thanks for everyones help.
All i need to do now is update the firmware. cheers again