1747988 Members
4852 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO power requirements

kreera

iLO power requirements

Hi,

I'm troubleshooting a remote server that is powered down and is not responding to "power on" requests through iLO, yet iLO is working.

Does that mean I can rule out that the power to the server or the server's power supplies are the issue?

Thanks for any suggestions.
9 REPLIES 9
patrick haynes
Frequent Advisor

if its a blade, it could still be a power issue, i have seen ilo's work and the server not power up due to a dc filter/voltage module. also if it is a blade, do try a manual override. if not a blade it could still be a power issue. next time try providing the details of your hardware
kreera

The hardware in question is a brandnew DL 360 G6 with two power supplies.

Thanks, Patrick - sorry to not have mentioned the hardware in question.
patrick haynes
Frequent Advisor

you say it doesn't respond to power on requests via the ilo, what about if you push the button when you are in front of it?
kreera

That is my problem. The server is located at a data center a few hundred kilometers away ...
patrick haynes
Frequent Advisor

ilo firmware version?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Have you looked at the IML, or the iLO logs to see if they are reporting some type of error?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi kreera,

Since you can reach iLO for this server the problem is not power to the server. iLO will not function if at least one power supply is not connected to a valid source.

Per Jimmy, check the IML link from the iLO page to troubleshoot this further.
kreera

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I see that there is a new firmware upgrade, so I will install that. Also, I will be onsite tomorrow and will be able to find out what happened.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

iLO is powered by AUX power which is a separate feed off the power supply. The PS might be healthy enough to generate this but not healthy enough to power the server.