Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748198 Members
2668 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO temporarily unavailable

Kevin_344

iLO temporarily unavailable

I am trying to configure iLO on a new DL380 G4 and when booting it simply states Integrated Lights Out is temporarily available (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

acartes
Honored Contributor

Linked below is another thread that discusses ways to update the firmware. This might address the problem, but your case does not appear to be caused by a failed firmware flash.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=714052
S. Crawford
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem and still haven't gotten it to work. I have tried upgrading the firmware to v1.80, but still shows the same error. Any updates?
acartes
Honored Contributor

I am going to suggest ways to recover. Some of these require a little effort.

Was the firmware update to 1.80 successful?
(the login problem being something differnet).

Can you see the iLO LEDs inside the system? There are a bank of 8 green LEDs. Sometimes they are not shown if the host is turned on, so turn the system off, and look for LEDs. There should be a couple blinking LEDs next to each other at one end of the bank.

These LEDs basically indicate that the iLO firmware is running and is healthy. If they are not regularly blinking as described, they might indicate an error.

A "Night Rider" pattern indicates that the firmware flash failed. I suggest trying it again using the Smart Start firmware update CD.

A pattern switching regularly between two different values like
on off off on on off off on
off off off off off off on off
is a bad sign. Try unplugging the host for a couple minutes and restarting (this reboots iLO). If the pattern returns, You will need to reset iLO to defaults.

The way to do that at this point is to unplug the host and then remove the coin battery from the system board for at least a couple minutes. This is a delicate procedure. Note the orientation of the battery before you remove it. This will cause you to lose all iLO settings and host ROM settings, too.

Put the battery back in, then plug in the system and see if iLO is alive.
DCSsupport

Hello,
I had almost the same problem today: "Integrated Lights Out is temporarily available (1)", and it's been resolved after 3 reboots.