1748102 Members
5196 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO2 Remote Console not working - com.hp.ilo2.remcons.remocons.class

ghetsum
Occasional Contributor

iLO2 Remote Console not working - com.hp.ilo2.remcons.remocons.class

I was able to use Remote Console without a problem, but suddenly I cannot get it working on any HP servers. Other people can access it just fine. When I connect I get the error:

com.hp.ilo2.remcons.remocons.class

I used to be able to reload the plugin and it would work, but not anymore. I am running Java build 1.7.0_51-b13 and FireFox 28. I also tried in IE. System is Windows 7 64-bit. It seems the underlying problem is with Java itself, because it doesn't work in IE either. I have uninstalled Java using Revo Uninstaller Pro (also did a tracked install, and another uninstall) but still no love.

I've found some other posts about clearing cache, accepting 3rd party cookies but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem, or know when HP will release an update to iLO that plays nice with later versions of Java?

40 REPLIES 40
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Look at the last post from Oscar in this thread, v2.23 may fix your issue

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Remote-Lights-Out-Mgmt-iLO/Remote-console-not-working-with-java-1-6/m-p/6413556#M7546

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ghetsum
Occasional Contributor

I should've mentioned, I am running 2.23.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Whats the differences between the client that doesn't work and the ones that work?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

We did everything Java required us to do with our JAR files and iLO users are still running into problems. There is nothing else we can do here other than waiting for Oracle to get their act together and fix their JRE. 

Some people who get this error have successully opened the Remote Console App after closing the window, pressing F5 on the browser and then trying opening the App again.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Management/iLO-Java-Remote-Console-Upcoming-JRE-1-7u51/td-p/6250401

Sorry for the long delay. A month or so ago I did a total rebuild of my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit Pro) using Java 1.7u55 and iLO is working fine now.

So somewhere along the way, something to do with Java got hosed on my machine. One error that kept standing out to me was something to do with a Java certificate store. Really wish they provided an option to do a total default of local Java settings.

purpleSHEEP

I was just having the same problem.  I went into Administration > Settings > Security > SSL and changed the SSL Key length to 2048 and customized the CSR to change the Common Name (CN) to the IP address as that was how I was referencing the ILO.  When I tried to use the remote console it asked me to confirm the usage of the Remote Console class.

This is the first time I've been able to post something like this after years of getting out of trouble from other peoples posts so I really help this returns a favour or two.

AlexeyM

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I still have this problem with every single iLO2 with different FW version (from 2.15 to 2.25). I tried to use "Remote Console > Remote Console" on different PCs using different Browsers - the same error:

Application Error
ClassNotFoundException
com.hp.ilo2.remcons.remcons.class

I tried to use workaround mentioned above  "Administration > Settings > Security > SSL and changed the SSL Key length to 2048 and customized the CSR to change the Common Name (CN) to the IP address as that was how I was referencing the ILO" .

It does NOT work for me.

I'm using the latest JRE version 1.8.0_25-b18 and of course I know about "Java Control Panel > Security > Edit site list > Add > https://_iLO2_IP/".

Need help...

Greg Walton
Occasional Visitor

this has been killing me, and now the IE ActiveX client won't let me enter arrow keys or TAB key so I had to do something.

I think all of us have the broswer issues worked out and the issue is soley Java based. I tried java 1.6, 1.7, various releases, old firefox from 2013, etc. I finally narrowed things down some and went back to latest firefox(36.0), latest java (1.8u31 )

I have 2 things that make it work for me in firefox (also IE 10, but there may be some IE settings that assist, like adding to compatibilty sites, I havne't verified)

1. In Control Panel,  Java,  Advanced Tab, down at the bottom,  uncheck "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS1.2".
  2. The 2nd thing is that I have confirmed the "run twice and it works 2nd time"  behavior. The first "Class Not Found" error seems to be due to the fact that it is not in the Java Cache (viewable on Java Control Panel applet), BUT the jar file is downloaded and cached. Think of it as: if it cant' run the jar/class from cache, it errors, even though it just downloaded it. You dont need to restart browser after the first class not found, I just close the pop up window with console and click remote console tab in main browser window, then click "Remote Console" again to re-launch the pop up console window.

Edit: I am working on a DL360 G6 with advanced ILO2 lic., latest ILO firmware (2.27)

Edit2: I wrote up all the info I gathered here .   Hopefully it helps get this resolved.

java control panel settings.PNG

sankar-5786
Occasional Collector

Hi,

its working with Windows 8.1 32 bit version , but Windows 8.1 64 bit its not working

WIN 8.1 64 bit

IE 11,

JAVA 8 - JRE 1.8

Thanks

Gowrisankar