1748200 Members
3347 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO2 on BL480

Henri Goyette
Occasional Advisor

iLO2 on BL480

I am trying to configure my first blade enclosure. I have set up the enclosure and the gigabit ethernet switch. I can use the OA and I have access to the switch to make changes, all remotely using browser.

I have inserted the first of several BL480's into the enclosure. I am trying to get iLO2 to come up in a browser but have so far failed.

Before configuring the enclosure I created a DHCP server from an existing SLES10 box I set up to be my Suse installation server. I tested that I can get the addresses from the DHCP.

What I know of iLO2 is that it defaults to DHCP configuration. But when I try to access the iLO via the browser it just times out.

I can ping the address but cannot confirm that it was grabbed by iLO. I am remote so I cannot attach a cable to the front of the server and configure through the RBSU.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO2 on BL480

The c-class enclosure Onboard Administrator (OA) browser interface has a link to the iLO in the target blade. That would be the first place to consult to see if the iLO processor has network connectivity.

Also, the OA supports enclosure-based IP addressing. Check to see that this is not interfering with your DHCP settings. It could be that iLO is not using DHCP.
nurascorpio
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Have you checked the Idle Timeout for ILO2 for the blade.

Try to flash the firmware for ILO2:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/25225.html

Regards

Henri Goyette
Occasional Advisor

Looks like it was something between the ILO port and the DHCP server. I changed the range of IP's available on my DHCP and then rebooted both the DHCP and the server. After that I was able to view the browser page. Thanks to those that responded.

Cheers,

henri