Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iLO2 v2.12 released to the FTP

Honored Contributor

iLO2 v2.12 released to the FTP

Upgrade Requirement:  

Recommended - HP recommends users update to this version at their earliest convenience.

Firmware Dependency:  

System ROM version 5/5/2011 or later is required for all HP ProLiant DL G6 servers.

Fixes:

Enabled SSL empty fragments by default to address the CBC-mode cipher IV weakness mentioned in CVE-2011-3389.

Addressed vulnerabilities mentioned in CVE-2011-4576, CVE-2012-2110 and CVE-2012-2131.

Added countermeasures for the ICMP blind connection-reset attack mentioned in CVE-2004-0790.

CLI may show incorrect boot source list when there is a sixth bootable device in the system.

Increased the randomness of the initial seeding of the Pseudo-Random Number Generator to improve the security of the self-signed SSL certificates.

iLO 2 may become inaccessible on Blade servers after a Virtual Connect failover.

Added countermeasures for the ASF/RMCP ping pong attack.

iLO 2 now remains responsive during ping pong attacks and iLO 2 no longer replies to malformed ASF ping requests.

Improved the iLO 2 Browser Cookie behavior. Login and session cookies are cleaned up and are marked with the 'secure' attribute.

Fixed a VSP Log lock up issue when a user presses and holds a key while browsing the log.

Increased VSP buffer size to prevent iLO 2 from dropping characters during POST and GRUB.

Fixed a segmentation fault seen in Solaris 10 when using ipmitool to read the FRU. 

Enhancements:

Added SHA1 Signing Algorithm as an option under Administrator->Security->SSL Certificate.  

Download from FTP:

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 64-bit

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p2023401934/v78471

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 32-bit

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1443420321/v78469

Online ROM Flash Component for Linux

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1285463034/v78468

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
1 REPLY
Occasional Visitor

Re: iLO2 v2.12 released to the FTP

I am upgrading ILO firmware on one of my proliant DL 380 G6 servers and gone through some HP Forums and downloaded the Online ROM Flash Component for  64-bit windows, a .exe file.

Can you please guide on how to get the .bin file out of that so that i can mount it and upgrade the firmware please.