7247 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ilo keyboard character set

acartes
Honored Contributor

Also, verify that RILOE is correctly connected. There are two options:

Option 1: an internal ribbon cable "RILOE" between the system board and the RILOE adapter.

Option 2: an external "Y" cable that connects to keyboard+mouse, RILOE, and the keyboard+mouse ports on the host.

Only one is required. Make sure this is fully seated if installed.
Donna Piller
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I checked it again today if the numbers will be properly displayed and yup it's working! The problem is im not exactly sure how it worked. After the firmware upgrade i restarted the machine and tried the numbers and it was not displaying properly as before. It was last week and today i tried it again and to my surprise it's working. We have other machines with has the same problem and we have to plan a downtime for those machines if a reset is necessary. That's why my question, is it necessary to reboot the machine every after RILOE firmware upgrade?
I have another machine which has the same problem and it has an iLO board instead of RILOE. I upgraded today the firmware and restarted it afterwards but the problem was not fixed. Do you know perhaps if there's something else i can do?

Thanks again in advance.
Donna
acartes
Honored Contributor

>> is it necessary to reboot the machine every after RILOE firmware upgrade?

Most definitely, NO! You should be able to update the firmware without affecting the state of the host OS. A main principle is that out of band management should not affect the host OS.

As for the iLO situation, that is weird. Are you sure that the problem is not with the client system you are using, instead of the remote board? Is there an international keyboard attached? iLO default keyboard behavior is United States.
Donna Piller
Occasional Advisor

>>As for the iLO situation, that is weird. Are you sure that the problem is not with the client system you are using, instead of the remote board? Is there an international keyboard attached? iLO default keyboard behavior is United States.

-There is no keyboard attached on the server itself. On the client systems we're using international keyboard (azerty). But i think it's not a problem if we're using azerty keyboard cause the letter keys are displaying properly, only the numbers and symbols not.
-These are the settings i found regarding our iLO:
Character set= 437:US
Remote Keyboard Model= US
Server Keyboard= 102-key compatible
-I restarted this server after the iLO firmware upgrade was done, that is after i got the login page again. Could the reboot have any affect on the board since you said i should have not rebooted the system? I checked the iLO status and the firmware was successfully upgraded and iLO self test status says Passed.

Thanks a lot!