5430 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: riloe and proliant ml570

jason connolly
Occasional Contributor

riloe and proliant ml570

i Have a new ml570 g2 with riloe 11 installed
when remote communication cable is connected you get no video this is the same for either 16pin or 30 pin cable with cable connected leds on riloe are first amber last green card seems to work fine without cable connected

any help appreciated
8 REPLIES 8
acartes
Honored Contributor

RILOE II should be installed in slot 7 per the system quick specs.

Make sure you move the video cable from the host VGA connector to the connector on the RILOE II.

The 30 pin cable should be used if it is supported. This provides auxiliary power and signals to the card and eliminating the need for external cables.
jason connolly
Occasional Contributor

Yes the Riloe is in slot 7 and works only doesnt work with cable connected.

what does if supported mean in regards to the 30 pin cable
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Look closely at both the connector on the board and on the server. Sounds like you might have a bent pin or bad RILOE-II. I did not understand your message about the LED's but there should only be one green, blinking LED when the board finishes booting itself.
jason connolly
Occasional Contributor

Have tried it with both cables and checked all pins with either cable on first led is amber and last led is green server gets no video output with no cable connected server boots fine i need to know wether the riloe is at fault or is the cable a optional extra
do you lose any functions without it

Jason
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

If the 30 pin ccable is not used, you will not have virtual power or virtual media available. Sounds like you might have a bad board. One more thing to try is using the external power for the RILOE-II and see if that affects the amber LED.
acartes
Honored Contributor

The internal RILOE II 30-pin cable carries auxiliary power, keyboard, mouse, USB, and power button signals to the RILOE II board. If you use the external "Y" cable, you will only get keyboard and mouse. You will lose virtual media, virtual power button, and possibly remote control while the host is off. (Someone correct me here is I am wrong).

The ribbon cable does not carry video signals to RILOE II. The host ROM selects the RILOE II as the primary video controller, disabling the on-board video when RILOE II is present at POST. That is why you have to move the VGA connector to RILOE II.
acartes
Honored Contributor

The LED pattern sounds like you might have a defective RILOE II card.

I do not know that there is a definitive way to tell, but I recommend contacting service, describe the LED pattern and requesting a replacement card.

If it is out of warranty, you might be able to use it in a different host.
jason connolly
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help the card turned out faulty as was replaced and is know working fine