5709 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

riloe ii syntax error on dl385 g1

andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

riloe ii syntax error on dl385 g1

hi all,

i've been trying to update the network settings on my dl385 g1.

i have used hponcfg and cpqlocfg all with a modified mod_network_settings.xml file. These work on other servers and the ilo ports are configured correctly. the settings on this 385 however are still not complete. it has set the network address / subnet etc, but the link speed is wrong (it's set to autosense on the switch) so there is no connectivity. I've tried setting this in the rom-based ilo configuration but i still can't ping ilo.

firmware revision is 1.13, device type is riloe ii.

The ilo through NIC capability has been disabled so that i can actually use the ILO port for ILO instead.

when i try and run the commend:

hponcfg /f mod_network_settings.xml i get the error message:

hponcfg /f mod_network_settings.xml
Firmware Revision = 1.13 Device type = RILOE II Driver name = cpqrib2
Status = 0x1
Message = Syntax error: Line #6: syntax error near "<" in the line: "ERVER value="Yes"/>"
Script failed

This is the mod_network_settings.xml file:

If anyone could help me that would be great. I'm really baffled at the moment. I've tried updating the firmware and drivers, to no avail.

Thanks

Andoni
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: riloe ii syntax error on dl385 g1

hi

why of you upgrade ilo to 1.92 version I think will help you

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=428936&prodNameId=3288114&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-4508656011ac40c585640628ce

that's a very old version 1.13, well 1.13 even it's not listed in revision history

also

if your setting static IP values and DNA name
I think this should be NO instead of YES

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

hi karlo

thanks for your help. I already installed that update and have tried it. the ip address has been applied, however I cannot see the server on the network, it is not pingable. i made the changes to the DHCP entries as you said, however I still cannot ping this server.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with the networking. in the rom-based ilo setup, should the NIC be enabled? if I set this to off will it use the ilo port and not the network interface?

i'll try checking the ilo network cable instead to see if that's the problem.

thanks

andoni
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I was checking the original Mod_Network_Settings.xml and yours and the only difference is this line

"ENABLE_NIC enables the NIC to reflect the state of iLO 2. The values are "Yes" or "No." It is case insensitive"

I mean that line it's not in your script
(NIC enabled) and it is in ilo BIOS, and yes NIC must be ON and the value needed it's the one above = YES

regards
andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Karlo,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately these commands:

are not valid in riloe ii (as stated in the comments in the file). i believe i changed the status to enabled for the NIC port via the rom-based ilo setup.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I did not get that

anyway check this

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1166728

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

did you fix you script?

regards
andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

hi karlo. no, i didn't manage to configure the port, either manually through the rom-based utility or through cpqlocfg or hponcfg.

I used various xml files, and updated the firmware, drivers and software. still no joy.

the port is patched in properly, however ilo keeps telling me that it is connected at 10mb /half duplex and i cannot ping it.

I therefore assume it is the port that is faulty, and that I should just forget it :(

Thanks for your help

Andoni