1753929 Members
8830 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP agents 6.20 on RH 8.0

Jesper Taanum-Willumsen
Occasional Contributor

HP agents 6.20 on RH 8.0

I've installed RH 8.0 on a Proliant DL380 G2 and patched the kernel to 2.4.18-27.8.0.

I've then installed HP agents 6.20 by running install.sh on the management CD. SNMP installs beautifully but HPASM (health) and HPRSM complains about the source is not installed so the module can not be rebuild?! I've installed the source in /usr/src as described by Redhat.
The Web agent seem to work and I can reboot the server from the web but the HP drivers dosn't take control over the fans and it dosn't register a defect fan og PS.

Regards
Jesper
2 REPLIES 2
Jarle_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP agents 6.20 on RH 8.0

Did you install an upgraded binary kernel-rpm, or did you actually patch the kernel source tree, and recompile the kernel ?

Are you 100% sure that your running kernel match the kernel-source tree in /usr/src/linux ?

Rgds Jarle
Your mouse has changed position Windows Nt must rebboot to activate the change. Reboot NOW ?
Jesper Taanum-Willumsen
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP agents 6.20 on RH 8.0

I upgraded the kernel during installation of RH80 via Redhat Update so I am not able to answer your question. The HP agents work if I boot the original kernel (why!!?) but I still can't install the Development package from Redhat Packager so I choose to reinstall the server and then install HP agents and afterwords patch up the kernel.
Thanks for input.

Regards
Jesper