Secure OS Software for Linux
1748218 Members
4438 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Linux Tools for Smart Array 641/ML 350 Server for Debian stable 3.0 ?

Reiß, Thomas
Regular Advisor

Linux Tools for Smart Array 641/ML 350 Server for Debian stable 3.0 ?

Are there anywhere Tools for that RAID Controller and the SErver ML350 that will run under GNU/Debian Stable ?

With Kernel 2.4.21 runs Debian fine, but i have no Diagnostic or Configuration Tool 8-(
Thomas Reiß
6 REPLIES 6
Tim Small
Occasional Advisor

Given that Debian is the second most popular, and fastest growing Linux server distribution:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/01/28/debian_fastest_growing_linux_distribution.html

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2003/08/16/debian_linux_distribution_10_years_old_today.html

Compaq's lack of support for them is strange - I'm not entirely sure why they have got behind Suse, but not Debian....

So, I am left with trying to hammer the Redhat RPM onto the Debian/Sarge servers that I am configuring, with much associated gnashing of teeth.

Sort it out, HP...
Reiß, Thomas
Regular Advisor
Tim Small
Occasional Advisor

Well, this is even better....

"Many HP employees are members of the Debian development community.
â ¢ Paul Bame, Dann Frazier, Bdale Garbee, Eric Schwartz, Al Stone, Matt Taggart, and Matthew Wilcox among others are "Debian Developers"
â ¢ HP hosts several iimportant servers for the Debian project, including gluck.debian.org, a full primary mirror (85GB); merkel.debian.org and merulo.debian.org, ia64 development systems; and paer.debian.org, a hppa development system.
â ¢ HP has donated additional systems to the Debian project that are used for infrastructure and pporting efforts
â ¢ HP uses Debian as its internal development platform
"

Making the lack of debs strange indeed. A left hand / right hand problem,
Tim Small
Occasional Advisor

Ahh, sorry, we must have both been posting at the same time... It is at least good that things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Tim.
Pablo_50

Did anyone found this tools for 2.6 kernel?
Pablo_50

Did anyone find this tools for 2.6 kernel?