3368 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Linux on already installed XP

Mr Possibility
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jerome,

I got your mail. However I will like to you to give me a link to download from. The one s I tried loggging as anonymous did not give me access.

One other thing I will like you to take into consideration in your response is the fact that The laptop has been resized using partition magic. The rest of the partion is what I want to use for Linux Installation

Regards
Mr  Possibility
Advisor

Jerome,

"Boot from the diskette, you'll be asked where to install from, and here you go.
Thanks to assign points if useful."
I think its possible to point the diskimage over the network to another Cdrom on another system?

A response is needed please
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It doesn't depend on hat device you share, but how you share it. If you share in a windows way, then forget about it, it won't work. Linux can't be installed from SMB share.
If it's a UNix box, then you can set up a NFS share on your CD device, and it will work.
Otherwise, follow the links, which will show you how to set up a ftp or http server...
Sure that the easiest way is the local device, cd rom or hard disk... sad you can't use this way, the others are more complicated.

Hope it helps

jerome henry
You can lean only on what resists you...