cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the steps to download patches for Secure Linux

Ron Vladick
Advisor

What are the steps to download patches for Secure Linux

The patches are located on the www.itrc.com web site. Here are the instructions for finding and downloading the patches.

1) go to the www.itrc.com web site

2) Select Individual patches from (maintenance and support area)

3) Select patches for applications on other platforms, (patches for hp applications on NT, Solaris, SUNOS and other operating systems)

4)Select INTEL LINUX patches then hit search

5) Then the following list of patches are displayed. All Secure Linux patches will be of the form HPTL_00xxx.tar

List of current search results:

patch name patch size description

HPTL_00001.tar 3143680 intelLinux HPLX1.0 i586) FS rules fail with mountpoints

HPTL_00002.tar 3133440 intelLinux HPLX1.0 i686) FS rules fail with mountpoints

HPTL_00003.tar 3235840 intelLinux HPLX1.0 (i686SMP) FS rules fail with mountpoints

PLSS_17035.tar 40151040 intelLinux RH7 OpenMail B.06.00 September 01 Periodic Patch

PLSS_17036.tar 35870720 intelLinux RH7 OpenMail B.07.00 September 01 Periodic Patch

6) Select and download the HPLX patch that is correct for your processor class.

2 REPLIES
Dan Am
Frequent Advisor

Re: What are the steps to download patches for Secure Linux

Most useful, that !
Thanks.
Is there a tracker for this ?
I saw some news go through securitityfocus, but only one or two mails.
do what you can. don't if you can't.
Ron Vladick
Advisor

Re: What are the steps to download patches for Secure Linux

The best way for tracking patches/security updates is to use the following proceedure.

C. To subscribe to automatically receive future NEW HP Security Bulletins from the HP IT Resource Center via electronic mail, do the following:

Use your browser to access to the HP IT Resource Center page
at:

http://itrc.hp.com

Use the 'Login' tab at the left side of the screen to login using your ID and password. Use your existing login or the "Register" button at the left to create a login. Remember to save the User ID assigned to you, and your password. This login provides access to many useful areas of the ITRC.

In the leftmost frame select "Maintenance and Support".

Under the "Notifications" section (near the bottom of the page), select "Support Information Digests".

To -subscribe- to future HP Security Bulletins or other Technical Digests, click the check box (in the left column) for the appropriate digest and then click the "Update
Subscriptions" button at the bottom of the page.

or

To -review- bulletins already released, select the link (in the middle column) for the appropriate digest.