5624 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 10504 Radius

NickChatz
Occasional Advisor

HP 10504 Radius

Good morning fellas ,

recently we found out that the radius authentication issue we are having is rather related to commware 5 which is already installed in our core switches. When we updated the front switches to commware 7 ( 5900 series ) everything worked for the Radius .

Today though i got a message that instead of updating the 10504 core switches to commware 7 which is already available and supported for this model of switch we got an response that we need to proceed in buying MPU's.

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt that BS? why buy new MPU's while we can upgrade to commware 7 ?

===============================
If my answer helped you don't forget to Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 10504 Radius

Are you REALLY sure that your exact MPU(s) Product Number (Check SKU) supports Comware 7 and so it will be able to support a migration to Comware 7?

Usually, before questioning about responses given you by someone (An HP/HPE Partner/Distributor/Reseller/Consultant?) you didn't explicitly mention (what you asked? what details you provided? what was answered? what motivation the given answer contains?), one should read relevant documents in order to understand if the desired migration (from Comware 5 software platform to Comware 7 platform) is admitted by the specific Hardware owned.

Migration to Comware 7 - AFAIK - has stricts requirements to be fulfilled and restrictions to be considered: Read (a) Comware 5 to 7 upgrade guide (Google is your friend if you aren't able to find it on HPE support portal) and (b) latest Comware 7 published Release Notes (Hardware restrictions).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
NickChatz
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP 10504 Radius

Dear Parnassus ,

Thanks for your reply and sorry if i couldnt reply sooner.

My  question had a more " information Seeking " character. Of course google is indeed my friend and i have made my research regarding the Exact product numbers . The answers i got was mixed as some sources refer to yes its compatible and others that the specific product number of the part is incompatible.

As the issue is the radius which isnt working for comware 5 version after all settings are correct , i wanted to post this cause i dont have any experience when it come to this scale of a core switch (  10504 ). Maybe someone could have been in the same position and with his/hers experience it could help me solve/understand the reason why it doesnt work.

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward to get any news on that .

P.s If you have something specific in mind regarding procedure/troubleshooting/advise please do share.

If my answer helped you don't forget to Kudos