1753394 Members
7219 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What's a good security appliance?

crabtreecj
Occasional Advisor

What's a good security appliance?

First off sorry, I wasn't for sure which board to post this to, and a strange question to ask on an HP forum, but this forum has been for helpful then most of the Tech Support type forums. I’m looking for a good security solution for my business network. Currently I utilize a cisco router, and 3 HP 2350 Switches, and security is limited from what I can find on the devices. I usually have less than 10 users working in the building, but I have around 30 Workstation, and 5 servers on the network along with POE camera’s and physical access control devices throughout the building.

I’ve been studying for my Security + and the more and more I learn the more and more I realize that my organization needs better protection. I would like to find a security appliance that would do Spam, URL, & Content filtering, IDS &, or IPS, and maybe VPN capability for the future. All of my workstations have host firewalls enabled and antivirus, but I would like to control my network a little better and secure it better.

I’m just curious what others have used and recommend. Also wondering if anyone has ever ran into issues using these devices with their HP equipment, maybe some devices I need to stay away from.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
arkumars
Visitor

Hi crabtreecj,

Could you provide a sample topology of your network to understand the query better.

I am a HPE Employee
crabtreecj
Occasional Advisor

Right now I have the internet coming into a cisco router and from the router there are 3 hp switches. I have a WiFi Network that comes off one of the switches, but there's no real security on the network, only on the hosts. I would like a security device to monitor things going in and out of the network.