Security
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Security and tool to allow specific users to unlock locked accounts via shell.

M Maunu
Occasional Contributor

Enhanced Security and tool to allow specific users to unlock locked accounts via shell.

Hello-

I have Enhanced Security currently enabled on a machine running 5.1B-3. I have not yet enabled a strict policy across the machine to all users but plan to have the password option set to disable the account if 5 unsuccessful passwords are entered. Question is:

I would like to have the ability to allow certain users the ability through sudo to re-enable accounts that have been disabled. Is there a command line tool that will allow this feature without having to have the user go through Dxaccounts to re-enable the login? If so can someone please pass on the syntax that is needed?

Thanks Much!
Mark
2 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Enhanced Security and tool to allow specific users to unlock locked accounts via shell.

You grant the use of the usermod command or create specific scripts based on the usermod command to do that, for example:

usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 $1

See the extended options in the man page.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Harmanjit_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Enhanced Security and tool to allow specific users to unlock locked accounts via shell.

Hi,

I am agree with Ivan command and also you can use the following command along with command mentioned by Ivan.

usermod -x grace_limit=1 username