108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How does HP connect with ISEE?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rudy Williams
Regular Advisor

How does HP connect with ISEE?

We are running the ISEE standard configuration. My understanding is that ISEE only initiates outbound (to HP) connections.

If this is true, how do RC analysts run ISEE diagnostic routines?

4 REPLIES 4
Martin Coule
Occasional Advisor

Re: How does HP connect with ISEE?

That isn't my understanding. I think that RC analysts can initiate connections but only of a very restricted sort to run the MAPs. These scripts on the customer system which are installed when ISEE is installed collect the relevant hardware and software data on the customer system and then transmit it securely back to HP. Of course, this request is also under customer control and the customer may require the analysts to send an email request the MAP before it is run.
LisaW
Valued Contributor
Solution

Christopher,

You are correct when you say that your ISEE standard configuration is only out bound to HP. What happens is that EMS captures an event that needs to be sent to HP, ISEE is the application that does this. ISEE opens a secure connection over the internet to HP to deliver the incident, then closes the tunnel and a timer is set so every 190 seconds or so your ISEE application opens the secure connection to see if the status of the incident has changed, or for instance, there's a map waiting to run. If an RC eng. has requested a map be run then the request is accepted at this time.
The timer is turned off when the ISEE incident is closed by HP completing the process.
Hope this helps clearify it.

Lisa Williams, RTS
ISEE Support
jay ekanger

A MAP is a predefined script that resides on the ISEE client. An HP RC analyst can only run a MAP request against an open incident. When an RC analyst requests a MAP that request is placed on the HP back-end server. When your client polls the HP back-end server (which it does every 3 seconds) it finds the request and then responds. ISEE can be configured to either allow the MAP to be run or require permission before it is run.
jay ekanger

correction: The ISEE client polls the HP Back-end Server every 3 "minutes"