5591 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Importing X.509 certificates for sftp with IBM Information Exchange

Kellogg Unix Team
Trusted Contributor

Importing X.509 certificates for sftp with IBM Information Exchange

Hi,

I am trying to setup sftp session with IBM Information Exchange. They require to generate the X.509 certificate on their server. Then you install this cert on your PC using web browser. The certificate is in PKCS#12 (.pfx) format which has your private & public key information.

I want to use this certificate with sftp. In the secure-shell guide, I am not able to see how do I import these certificates so that I can use them. Does HP support .pfx format? I also found openssl utility to convert this certificate to PEM format which gave me some error but (I think) gave me pvt key in PEM format. Now what do I do with it? I see RSA & DSA keys but there is no mention of PEM or PKCS#12 format in HP's secsh guide.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
...Manjeet
work is fun ! (my manager is standing behind me!!)
2 REPLIES 2
Kellogg Unix Team
Trusted Contributor

Just a quick update. sftp is not supported by IBM/IE , they support ftps (which is different from sftp). So I am looking for ftps client(s) on hp-ux that I can make use of.

Thanks to Berlene for pointing this out!
work is fun ! (my manager is standing behind me!!)
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Hi Manjeet,

You can extract a public-key from a PKI certificate. Simply view the certificate from within a browser, then click the "Details" tab and "Public-key". You can now use the "copy to" button, or simply cut and paste the details to a text file.

You may need to add a little extra info to ensure this key come into line with he format of the keys in your destination file.