4933 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Open ldap + HP UX

Rupesh123
Occasional Visitor

Open ldap + HP UX

Dear All,

I have setup open ldap on my Redhat  system which is working fine, even i have tried to authenticate all my linux servers with open ldap which extremly working fine.

Now i have couple of hp-unix machine which i want to authenticate with open ldap server, i have tried for the same but dont know where it's getting stuck.

Following are the steps i have done to do this work through....

1, Have implement new "/etc/openldap/schema/DUAConfig.schema" on my ldap server as i came to know that without this it's not possible.

2 Have run ./setup which asked me couple of questions like server ip, port, DN, CN. Every thing worked properly and in last it asked me to restart the ldapclient services.

Below is the service currently running on my one of hpux server.

root 24559     1  0  Jul 22  ?         0:22 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd

Copied pam.ldap on ldap.conf, applied changes in nsswitch but still it's not working...

When i do nsquery passwd <username> ldap, output is like below....

Using "ldap" for the passwd policy.

Searching ldap for amit
This Name Service is currently unavailable

Switch configuration: Allows fallback

All name services have been searched

When i try to access server with the ldap user, it ask me for ldap user password but after provide the same it again ask for the password, at the same moment i do not get any request on my ldap server.

If any body have idea then can you please share the same or can you mailed me at rupesh.linux@gmail.com

Thanks

Rupesh