Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acl_copy_int produces corupt data for acl_set_file

Dmitriy_21
Occasional Advisor

acl_copy_int produces corupt data for acl_set_file

Hi,
I have a strange problem with ACL API and need some help. It seems to be introduced in a newer release/patch of Tru64.

In my C program (attached), after I obtain the file's ACL information using acl_get_file, I am calling acl_copy_ext to move data to the local buffer. Then, I call acl_copy_int to convert this data back to the ALC's internal representation and then attempt to set ACL to another file. The set_acl_file is failing with error 22 (Invalid argument).

The same program is working fine on another Tru64 machine, which has the older software version.

I could not find any patch that might affect ACL functionality.

The OS version for the machine where this code is working is "V5.1 1885 alpha". And the machine where it is not working is "V5.1 2650 alpha".

Also, if I save the binary data from local buffer and move it to older machine, the acl_copy_int+acl_set_file are working fine with this data. This tells me that acl_copy_int is broken on "V5.1 2650 alpha".

Any help with this problem is appreciated.

Thanks
Dmitriy
2 REPLIES
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Re: acl_copy_int produces corupt data for acl_set_file

I verified that V5.1B (the V5.1 2650) has that problem with no patch kits installed. But does not have the problem with the latest patch kit:
T64V51BB27AS0006-20061208
installed. You should also install the following kit, it has additional ACL related fixes:
T64KIT1001138-V51BB27-E-20070228
See the ITRC patch database:
http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/mainPage.do
for information on getting and installing patches.

Ann
Dmitriy_21
Occasional Advisor

Re: acl_copy_int produces corupt data for acl_set_file

Ann

Thank you for a quick reply.
I will apply patches you suggested and test it.

Dmitriy