Did you mean: 

password site policy

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francois LAURENT
Frequent Advisor

password site policy

Hi all,

I want to know if there is a "simple" way to "gently" modify /tcb/bin/pwpolicy default file . i want to force password format to include an upper case and a number.

I've found some exemple of c coded site-pwpolicy.c exemple but i'm not manage to run this (i set d_pw_site_callout to point on this new file).

join here the exemple i found in this forum.

Thank a lot for your help.
Francois
4 REPLIES
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: password site policy

Francois,

What problem are you having running your site-pwpolicy? Can you provide a copy of your defaults file showing how you set d_pw_site_callout?

Ann
Francois LAURENT
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ann,
here my default pwpolicy (it's the original file).

I don't know C language and i want to find a way to modify pwpolicy shell script to verify password format (to include 1 upper case and 1 number)

Today the d_pw_site_callout point on pwpolicy file but i tested the file i joined on my first post (sd_pw_site_callout=site-pwpolicy.c). I suppose the site-pwpolicy.c not include the same password verification i want, but i don't know C langage.

Thanks a lot for your help
Regards

Francois
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Francois,

You need to compile the pwpolicy program as described in the text of the site-pwpolicy.c file in order for it to work. You need to find someone who knows C language if you need to modify it to do what you want.

Ann
Francois LAURENT
Frequent Advisor

I've already compile the file as it showed on the text, but the problem is not on the execution, but on the function of this programe. The password verification means not to be mine.

I try to find a C ressource.

thanks a lot.
Regards
Francois