New Discussion юеВ

Re: Check licenses?

SOLVED
Go to solution
pgustavsson
Frequent Advisor

Check licenses?

Dear All,

Is there a clever way of checking how many licenses you have in total, and the amount in use?

Currently i check my license certificates, and then manually count the number of nodes.

But if there was a way to query the cmu db or similar that would be great.

Many thanks

Br
Patric

6 REPLIES 6
Chintala
Advisor
Solution

Hello,

CMU license check fails when the number of nodes registered in the CMU database >= num of node licenses in the certificate (cmu.lic file).

To display/count the number of nodes registered in CMU database use тАЬ/opt/cmu/bin/cmu_show_nodes | wc -lтАЭ

Regards,

Abhishek Chintala

pgustavsson
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks for your reply!

Follow up question :

the тАЬ/opt/cmu/bin/cmu_show_nodes | wc -lтАЭ command gives me a node count of 95

but if i manually count the number of nodes in the "node managament" screen in the cmu web gui , i get a node count of 86.

is there a way to clear "stale" entries of nodes that are no longer used?

Br
Patric

Rakshika
Advisor

Hello,

тАЬ/opt/cmu/bin/cmu_show_nodesтАЭ is a CMU tool which gets node list from CMU database(/opt/cmu/etc/cmu.conf) and nodes, which are there in CMU database, will be reflected in  CMU GUI.

So, there should not be any mismatch.

Can you please let us know which CMU version you are using?

Please try exporting nodes from тАЬnode managementтАЭ section in CMU GUI  and count the no. of lines in the generated file.

Regards,

Rakshika Gupta

pgustavsson
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply!

You are right, exporting the node list, i get a node count of 95, and now recounting the nodes manually in the node list, i also get a node count of 95 :) (no idea why i got a different number yesterday)

Many thanks!

HPC

Hi, Can anyone guide me "how to get HP-CMU evolution licence for practice" -- Thanks a ton

Rakshika
Advisor

Can you please share your offcial hp email ID ?