4884 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Pkg DL380G4 w/ MSA500G2 - Fist time setup - Disk Recognition Problem

sksnyder
Occasional Contributor

Pkg DL380G4 w/ MSA500G2 - Fist time setup - Disk Recognition Problem

Hi Everyone -

I recently purchased a DL380G4 / MSA500G2 pkg cluster unit for our business. I am using MS Windows 2003 Server EE.

This is my first time setting up a cluster, so please forgive me if my terms & language are not 100% spot on yet. I have been reading extensivly on the issue, but have run into a problem that I'm not sure how to remedy.

Using MSFT & HP white papers, I've been following all of the best practices to setup my cluster. Node 1 is fully configured w/ the MSA500G2. There is a Q: (Quorum), S:, and T:.

I shut down Node 1 to configure Node 2, and am about 90% done with the setup. The problem I encouther is that Node 1 sees the Q: and mounts it successfully - read/write works great. However the S: and T: are nowhere to be found. In Disk Managment, the S: and T: are visible, however they do not have S: or T: applied to them - you can just see the Disks. In My Computer, only the Q: is mounted. SPP is turned on for all logical disks, and I'm not sure why the Q: is there but the other's arent.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.