108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server 2003 Cluster on CL1850

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul_637
Regular Advisor

Server 2003 Cluster on CL1850

I know it's not formally supported, but that people have managed it after updating drivers etc.

Basically, I've installed both nodes of the cluster independently with no problem. Updated the SCSI driver to the HP version so I can also manage the CR3500-connected drives.

Created some drives and installed the cluster on node 1 (obviously with the other node powered off when this node is powered on).

However, when I try to bring the second node online to add it to the cluster, it never gets beyond the Server 2003 "progress bar" during boot, and the cluster gets taken offline on node 1.

Seems they are conflicting over the shared storage somehow although nothing is noted in the Event Logs on either side.

I'm guessing it could possibly be termination-related or similar, but everything looks connected good & solid.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

Regards,

Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Grimmer
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Maybe the SCSI controller host id is set to 7 on both servers? If so change the second one to 6.

Paul_637
Regular Advisor

Top marks that man! After spending ages trying to figure out WHERE to change the SCSI ID, doing so rectified the problem exactly.

Many thanks for the pointer!

Regards,

Paul
Paul_637
Regular Advisor

As above.