Server Management (Insight Manager 7)
1752782 Members
6049 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot Access System Management Homepage

Edwin_25

Cannot Access System Management Homepage

My problem is that I forgot the Administrator password for this system, I have not found a way to reset this password. I can't login neither with operator or user.
I have installed IM7, (SmartStart 6.40).
In previous versions there was a way to change the Foundation Agent Password running the proliant support pack.
Any help will be appreciate.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can still use the PSP to set a password and then install it with the password. You also can replicate the password file from a known system. Follow the instructions on page 14 in the "Security Architecture" paper at http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> IM7 --> Support and Documents. In that paper you also can learn how to use trust relationships so you don't have to worry about passwords.
Edwin_25

Thanks for your help, I checked the document, unfortunatelly, I see that this doc. only explains how is the security implemented in IM7, but it does not respond the question "How to Change or reset the Administrator password for a specified system", My problem is that I'm new to IM7 and have only one server in my enterprise, so I cannot copy the files stated at the end of the doc. because this is my only server.(This is the only solution I saw in the doc.)
Beside, I tried to run PSP form SmartStart 5.40, it runs, I change the password for the fundation agent, restart the server but the password doesn't work, If I run PSP form SmartStart 5.40 again, it states again that the fundation agent need to be configured.
I even tried removing and reinstalling all the server agents, from SmartStart 6.40, but during the installation, there is no way to set the password.
remco_10
Advisor

If you use the Remote Deployment Utility , you can pre-configure the agents. This can be accomplished by copying the contents of the following folder on your Smartstart Cd; CD-drive:\compaq\csp\nt to your local Harddrive. After copying the files remove the read-only attribute from the supportpacks (the files you copied, otherwise you're not able to pre-configure the agents).

In the same folder setup.exe is found, this executable will start the Remote Deployment utility. If i'm correct in the left pane of the RDU, a folder Configurable Components can be found. If this folder is shown in bold letters then the agents still need to be configured. If this isn't the case you can still configure the agents with an new password.

This can be accomplished by right clicking the software and select the configure option. Now you should be able to supply a new password for the administrator account.
Now you only need to deploy these agents to your system.

Hope it works!! Remco