New Discussion юеВ

Re: Conecting to CIM from another PC

SOLVED
Go to solution
George_71
Valued Contributor

Conecting to CIM from another PC

Hi,

I have installed Insight Management agents version 6, on some of the servers, when I go to their Device Home Page using CIM 7, I get an error: "Forbidden, You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.

But everything is fine when I connect to the same server useing its URL of http://servername:2301 anyone know Why this is happening and how to fix this problem.

George
4 REPLIES 4
John McDonnell
Occasional Advisor

Make sure the the foundation agent is configured with a password.
make sure that the account you are using has priviliges and if you are using a domain account make sure that's got approriate priviliges on the server.
Is SNMP configured for security READ CREATE.
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

You can enable ACL on each management agent, that will allow or disallow access to that agent based on IP-address. Maybe your IM7 server is in the disallowed range.

You'll to check each agent security config.

A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Given that you can access it when using the URL directly, security is setup on the agents.

The problem is when you link to it from IM7. One thing to do is to switch the setting for addressing the systems by IP. Just switch to by Name and see if that doesn't fix it. You can find that in the Settings tab, under Security->Device Links.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
George_71
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have done so many thngs to sort this problem and finaly its fixed but, I have no idea what I've done to fix it.

The main thing is that I am now useing IP address instead of Name.

Thanks everyone