1752647 Members
5568 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Home page does not paint properly ver 7.30

Mike Green_5
Occasional Contributor

Home page does not paint properly ver 7.30

Iâ m having a problem on one of my Windows 2003 servers running IM agents ver. 7.30 and having the home page not paint properly. I have included a file, which is a screen shot of the page. I get Overall system status but none the â tabsâ to drill down into each area of the system. This system is a trusted system in the IM console and I can send test traps to the console from it.

I think it may be some type of web browser incompatibility problem but Iâ m not really sure how to troubleshoot it. Iâ ve made sure that it was a trusted site in I.E.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Home page does not paint properly ver 7.30

Mike,
It looks like you are getting a System Management Homepage timeout. This is caused by one of the applications failing to respond to the SMH in a timely manner. It is *usually* caused by one of two things. A misconfigured or unconfigured Version Control Agent. Or misconfigured SNMP settings. The most common and easiest to check is the VCA. If you go to the Windows Service control manager and stop the VCA service you can then try to browse to the SMH. If it comes up correctly then more than likely it is the settings for the VCA or the fact that the VCA cannot contact the VC Repository Manager for some reason.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Mike Green_5
Occasional Contributor

Re: Home page does not paint properly ver 7.30

Rich - Thanks for the tip is was an SNMP configuration problem. Stopping the VCA is a good troubleshooting tip!

Regards
Mike