5936 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager 7 SP2 login failures

Stealth_1
Occasional Contributor

Insight Manager 7 SP2 login failures

Hello,

I have an old install of Insight Manager 7 SP2 on a win2k3 server. The previous admin mapped a domain admin account to IM, but the password related to this account was changed a couple of times since then. All Insight related services are set to use the Local System account and are all started successfully. Now it seems that using any combinations of username / password / domain (previous and current passwords and with or without the domain) on the https Insight Manager login page brings a login failure each time. I've gone all the way to try pretty much each domain accounts, hoping that another one would be allowed access.

Anyone knows an easy way to reset the whole thing without having to reinstall / upgrade ? I've took a look at some posts related to login issues, without luck. I want to be able to look at the console, before upgrading to SIM.

Any feedback or help would be appreciated,
thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Manager 7 SP2 login failures

Hello !
You have to overwrite the cpqhmmd.acl file in the c:\compaq\wbem directory with a file configured with a password you already know and then restart the web agent.

For example if you have a machine you can login to the Insight Manager Page you would copy that servers cpqhmmd.acl file and then paste it onto the server you cannot login to then restart the web agent.

Cheers !
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Manager 7 SP2 login failures

You need to restart :

Compaq web Agent
Compaq WMI Web Agent

Yo !