Server Management (Insight Manager 7)
1753414 Members
7242 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Login Failure

Gustavo Rossato

Login Failure

Every time I try to log into Insight Manager (locally or via Web) I get Invalid login. Please try again.
I'm using a local admin user for running the Insight Manager service, and I'm also trying to log into the console with this same user.
I'm running Insight Manager 7. Any ideas on how to solve this?
4 REPLIES 4
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Login Failure

Hi,
Insight Manager has its own forum, you probably get more help there with this issue.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=266
MDS-ALPA
Frequent Advisor

I had a similar problem except with HPSIM5, it was almost as if someone had removed every account that was assigned access. Even the login ID used to install it as well as administrator. Just prior to this I had addes SP3 (went from HPSIM5 to 5SP3) but I tested the server and logged in ok following that update.
After phone calls and some attempted fixes and about 2 weeks time, I opted to get HPSIM5 SP4 and install that. I'm very restrictive on who I give admin access to the server although I don't really believe anyone here would have removed all the ID's.
Strange, problem, the guys at HP Support were close to solving it but never quite did get it.

I am pleased to say that HPSIM5 SP4 is working like a champ.

Mark
ALPA Int'l.
TonyJohnson

Try entering the domain or workgroup name of the user account you are trying to use i.e

domain\username
jordan jungles

i need to know why i can not, all of a sudden, log into my username. There is only one user name and it is mine. I try to login by typing in my password and when i do, it tells me "failure to login, retry?" Then i click okay and it says "logging off..." Then it takes me back to the screen at which i am suppose to type in my password to login. I am very irritated because i need to use my computer as soon as possible. It would be very helpful if someone from hp or anyone could tell me how to fix this.