1752350 Members
6101 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant Performance Analyzer

Brian Mitchell_4
Occasional Contributor

Proliant Performance Analyzer

We are running Insight Manager 7 sp2. Per the documentation the Proliant performance analyzer will install by default.
We don't have the PF column.... How do I get it? Also, I cannot find how to get to the Licensing and Administration page....
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Performance Analyzer

There should be a PF column alongside the other three in the IM Details Page.

If not, then something doesn't seem right.
You could always click on the IM Server, as that should have the PPA, and then select Proliant Performance Analyser from there.

Again, if it's not listed something seems amiss.

Or, try;
https://servername:2381/PPA/AdminHome.htm

Also, there's a later version of the PPA available, you might want to install that as it seems a bit more stable (2.0.3)
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

It sounds like something happened when you installed SP2 and launching of the PPA install. If you have the MGMT CD (or download from the web), there should be a PPA directory. Just run the install stand alone. Like Rob stated, there is a new version out on the web. Just download that, run install on the IM7 server, and you should be all set.
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Sometimes tha PPA setup hangs during install of IM7 and if you abort this setup you will not have any PF column. It might even be that after installing version 2.03 you'll not have this column.
The only way to resolve is reinstall IM7SP2.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

Interesting Gert, we'll do a little investigation. The way the installation works though, the PPA installation program is a totally separate entity and the "adding of the column" piece is all part of the PPA installation program. Running th PPA installer separately is exactly what the IM7 installer will do, but you do not lose any settings, customizations, etc. in IM7 (plus the hassle of reinstalling everything).
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Darrin,

I had this problem already 3 times on different 'fresh' IM7 servers. Sometimes the upgrade to 2.03 solved it, sometimes a reinstall was needed.
Maybe you and Scott should talk to the PPA develoment team for further investigation or release an IM7SP3 build that incorporates PPA 2.03 (which is scheduled I beleive).
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Brian Mitchell_4
Occasional Contributor

I have figured it out..... I uninstalled(manually--did not want to uninstall itself). Re-installed the latest version... re-booted and all is happy.

Thanks for everyones help.