1753511 Members
4779 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Rename - CIM7 Web access gone

Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

Server Rename - CIM7 Web access gone

I have renamed my CIM7 server, and now I can no longer access it via my browser. I'm sure there's something in IIS that I need to change or even in the database.

Any ideas?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

Insight Manager doesn't need IIS, so it's not that.

However, you definately have to deal with the database because IM7 references it by name.

First though, did SQL survive the name change? I have heard that with NT+SQL7 this might not happen. You might have to check with Microsoft on how to do this if SQL isn't starting.

Assuming SQL started fine, you'll have to edi the DSN in ODBC that we use to access the database to point to the new server name.

And, you'll have to edit the database.props file (in the .\config directory) to add the new server name (and change the garbage after the .ep= to the password needed to access the database - IM7 will re-encrypt it the first time it comes up.)
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

Progress.

I can now login using my domain account. However, it stops at "Compaq Insight Manager 7 - Plug-in Not Installed". The JavaTM Plug-in Version has not been installed. Please close the browser and restart the browser, following the installation directions to install the plug-in.

I am logged onto the server as a domain admin. Restarting the browser does not install the plug-in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

Uninstall the Sun Java plug-in from add/remove programs and login again, I think this will finally solve it.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

I went 1 step further. Since I didn't have the server in production yet, and not a lot of customization. I uninstalled CIM7 and reinstalled. I'm now up and running.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris