Server Management (Insight Manager 7)
1753479 Members
5308 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What does the column "MP" stand for on the Results From Query: Servers window

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

What does the column "MP" stand for on the Results From Query: Servers window

Sorry but I'm a newbie at CIM7 and just want to know what the column "MP" stand for on the Results From Query: Servers window. I always have a blue circle there. My "HW" and "SW" columns are green.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get it green?

thanks
Christopher Knight
10 REPLIES 10
Jeff Taylor_10
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: What does the column "MP" stand for on the Results From Query: Servers window

It stands for Management Processor (ie RIB board or integrated one). It will be blue if there is not one installed, green if one is and working, or red if there is a problem with it.

Jeff

MP stands for "Management Processor".
It's normal that you see a blue dot if you don't have a management processor (such as a Remote Insight Board, RILOE or RILOE II) installed on your server.
If you don't like to see that column, just go to View - Show Columns and uncheck "Management Processor Status".
Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

Thanks.

I have several DL360G2 servers with Integrated Light-Out cards installed. Should these show up in CIM7? They show up green when I go to the System Management Homepage of the servers in question. Do I need to configure the ILO card to work with CIM7?

thanks again.
chris
Christopher Knight

Yes, you have to configure the ILOs to send traps to your management console (IM). Configuration can be done in two ways: from Windows control panel or with the F8 key at the system's boot.
You have to configure a few things: network settings (DNS name, IP), Administrator password, management console address. You can also find the button "Send Test Alert", useful to see if your management console receives traps from the management processor.
Hope this helps.
Ale
malcolm ison
Frequent Advisor

Hmmmm, can you expand on the last comment a bit please, where do you go to configure the ILO boards exactly? I think i have all the agents installed - but i cannot find an applet to do any configuration with...

THANKS MUCHLY!!!!
Manik.

At the system boot, before the scanning of the Array Controller, you can see:
"Integrated Lights Out - Press F8 to configure".
Jadrice Toussaint
Honored Contributor

This can also be done while the server is up if you go to the control panel, there is a utility that lets you configure the RIB board from windows. Make sure you run it from the console and not from a terminal service session (see the attached screenshot)
Gary J. Schulze
Advisor

I'm having the same problem - the MP column shows up blue for two different servers, so I could use some help and elaboration on some the responses here. I have Riloe II boards installed in these two DL380 G2 servers. I have entered the IP address of the IM7 server under Trap Destinations, but I don't see a spot for community string.

1) I don't see any utility under Compaq System Tools or anywhere else. Where should I see it and what is its name?

2) I don't see anything in Control panel. What should I see?

3) Is there a driver or service that must be installed to enable IM7 to communicate, but isn't necessary when using a browser to access the RiLOe II card? I thought I found such a softpaq and installed it, but nothing showed up after a reboot.

4) What's the name of the service should I be looking for?
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

The remote insight Control Panel utility no longer exists. It was included back in the Pre 6.0 smart starts, but it doesn't seem to work with new RILO's anyway.

I don't beleive you have to setup any traps, atleast I've never had to. The only thing I do is to setup the RILO as its own seperate device in insight Manager. Configure it as a management processor. After IM does one of its full scans, it will then associate the Rilo to the server and both will be green.